Eliot knows we must act now to save our planet and build a new, green economy. Trump is determined to destroy every environmental advance we have made, perpetuating the damage of fossil fuels to our planet. But Eliot is fighting back.
- As Chairman, he successfully steered H.R. 9, the CLIMATE ACTION NOW ACT requiring the US to rejoin the PARIS CLIMATE AGREEMENT, through the Foreign Affairs Committee and was a leader in its passage by the House of Representatives.
- He is an original co-sponsor of the Green New Deal to create jobs as we build a new, green economy that produces renewable fuels and converts our infrastructure to clean energy sources.
- Eliot is an original co-sponsor of the 100% CLEAN ECONOMY ACT OF 2019. This legislation empowers the federal government to put the US on the path towards a clean energy economy.
- Eliot co-authored the OPEN FUEL ACT requiring 50% of new cars use non-fossil fuels by 2020, 80% by 2021.
- He co-sponsored the OFF FOSSIL FUELS FOR A BETTER FUTURE ACT to move our electricity and transportation systems to 100% renewable energy by 2035.
- Eliot will not accept campaign donations from companies in the fossil fuel industry.
Eliot says, “We are already seeing the impact of our inaction, natural disasters, famines, heat waves, flooding and human suffering. We can and must reassert American leadership by converting to clean energy sources, we owe it to our shared planet and future generations.”
Eliot has a 100% rating from the League of Conservation Voters, Clean Water Action, the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund and the National Parks Action Fund. He has been endorsed by the Sierra Club.