The coronavirus pandemic has reinforced that Trump is the most dangerous president in the history of the United States. His complete disregard for science and obsession with his own campaign rallies put us at a complete disadvantage when the coronavirus reached our shores. Our congressional district has taken a hard hit, yet Trump and the Republican don’t care.
Eliot has ensured constituents in our district get the help they need by having caseworkers working every day to respond to problems. While they are helping our community overcome personal challenges, Eliot has:
- Secured billions of dollars for New York hospitals: first $1.8 billion and $616 million in initial grants, then $5 billion more in priority funding, five times more than any other state.
- Co-sponsored the Emergency Money for the People Act, to provide $2,000 monthly stimulus income to almost every adult in the country, with more for families with children.
- Co- sponsored the Emergency Rental Assistance and Rental Market Stabilization Act, to provide $100 billion to support rent payments and the Rental Eviction Moratorium Act to halt evictions for six months.
- Demanded Trump utilize the Defense Production Act to provide critical Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to our frontline workers.
- As Chairman of Foreign Affairs, successfully negotiated to open international supply chains for PPE and testing kits.
- Secured 100,000 FDA approved COVID-19 antibody tests for New York.
- Led efforts with the State Department to bring tens of thousands of Americans stranded abroad home to the United States when the pandemic halted international travel.
Says Eliot “I’ve fought for New Yorkers my whole life. As we navigate this crisis, I promise I will continue that fight, and win, every day in Washington. “